Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Concert Band Life


Hello once again. This is my third blogpost. Today I will be telling you about my band life (Hurray!). To not bore you guys out, I shall keep it short and sweet.

I am in the clarinet section of VSCB. I play the B flat and the E flat clarinets. My classmates who are also in the band are Shu Hang, also a clarinetist and Sharil, a percussion player. I love my instruments very much and although my B flat is kind of spoilt, I still like the feel and sound of playing the clarinets. You might also like to know that when I grow up, I wish to play the clarinet in whatever leisure time I have.

However, as of now, I have to focus more on my studies. During the holidays, coming down to the band room to practice is a great way to overcome boredom. However, I am not implying that studying is not necessary during the holidays. After all, there are 24 hours in a day and about 6 hours goes to sleep, so 18 hours is a considerably long time during the holidays (but an amazingly short time on school days).

Though I agree that playing the clarinets is a good way to reduce stress. I occasionally find myself getting addicted to it, until I look at my school journal and realize the pile of homework right in my face. One good example is this blog itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment